The Philips One Blade – Is it a Facial Groomer for the Modern Man in India. Philips is one of the best brands that make personal grooming products. In this article, we will do the Phillips Oneblade full review, or to go deep we can say Philips OneBlade Review India and the model we are going to review is the Philips one blade qp2525/10.
Is it the best men’s grooming product yet. Trimmers and Shavers are different products. Shaver’s can only offer you a clean shave, while you can trim your stubble with a trimmer. If you would like to shave or have stubble, you’d require a trimmer with shaver for it.
The Philips OneBlade is a new male grooming product that can shave or trim, meaning that you can use it to take care of your stubble or get a clean shave, which was not possible with one device earlier. The dual-sided Philips One blades and innovative design give you better control over the trimming and follow the contours of your face, making shaping your beard easy. The Philips OneBlade is the best all in one shaver and trimmer.
During Lockdown of 4 or 5 months, all of us have grown long hair and beard. At that time, the Salons and Barbershops were closed, but now after opening, we fear going to Salons and Barbershops because of the virus. So our best option now is our trimmers and shavers. This is where the Philips OneBlade comes to the party as it is a shaver and trimmer 2 in 1 built into one device. You can trim with 3 length settings or shave from a full beard.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the Philips Oneblade?
- 2 How does The Philips Oneblade work?
- 3 Differences Between Philips OneBlade and Traditional Trimmers
- 4 Philips One Blade – Performance
- 5 Features
- 6 How to Use the Philips Oneblade
- 7 Video on Philips OneBlade – How to use it?
- 8 PROs & CONs
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
- 9.1 1. How long do OneBlade blades last?
- 9.2 2. When should I replace the blades of my Philips OneBlade?
- 9.3 3. Does the Philips OneBlade give a close shave?
- 9.4 4. How many shaves do you get from one blade?
- 9.5 5. How long does Philips one blade take to charge?
- 9.6 6. Can I use Philips trimmer while charging?
- 9.7 7. Is Philips OneBlade good for sensitive skin?
- 9.8 8. How do I know when my Philips blade needs replacing?
- 9.9 9. Does OneBlade clean shave?
- 9.10 10. Is Philips one blade good for clean shave?
- 9.11 11. Does OneBlade give a close shave?
- 9.12 12. How close of a shave is Philips OneBlade?
- 9.13 13. Is the OneBlade worth it?
- 9.14 14. Is Philips one blade good for stubble?
- 9.15 15. Can Philips one blade cut hair?
- 9.16 16. Can you use Philips beard trimmer to cut hair?
- 9.17 17. What is the Philips oneblade alternative?
- 9.18 18. Is there a special way to clean my Philips Oneblade?
- 9.19 19. How long do OneBlade blades last?
- 9.20 20. Can you use Philips one blade in the shower?
- 10 Conclusion
- 11 Related Product
What is the Philips Oneblade?
The Philips One blade is a single-blade razor that promises a closer shave than your average double-edged razor. It has been created with an innovative design and built to last.
It has a contemporary and sleek design that should appeal to the majority of people. The power button is seamlessly integrated into the handle, and pressing it results in a satisfying click. Because the edges of the button are slightly recessed, you can’t accidentally press it, and the Philips One blade charger socket is located at the bottom.
It is available in two blade styles: the Pro Glide, which features 5 blades per cartridge and can be used for five shaves before needing to be replaced, and the Clean & Charge Station, which features one blade but includes an integrated cleaning system that cleans, lubricates, dries, and charges the razor in one step.
Philips One blade comes with three different cartridges: a hypoallergenic moisturizing cartridge (that’s also 100% waterproof), a skin sensitive head cartridge for sensitive areas that are designed to help prevent irritation and dryness during shaving as well as offer an extra glide when shaving against the grain of your hair growth; it also includes a precision trimmer on top of the handle for quick touch-ups without stopping at all.
How does The Philips Oneblade work?
While razors often are thought of as not being safe, the Oneblade by Philips is completely safe and actually works very well. It uses a unique blade made from specially tempered stainless steel that features a single sharp edge with different settings on it, equipped with a skin guard to help protect your skin while shaving. The head of the trimmer moves over your face, the trends of hair will get cut by the fast oscillating blades as they fall between the teeth of the comb.
Differences Between Philips OneBlade and Traditional Trimmers
Both, The Philips OneBlade and the Regular Trimmer look similar, but there are plenty of differences between Regular Trimmers and the Philips OneBlade.
The Philips OneBlade has three trimming ranges only. The carry case is not included with the Philips OneBlade, and if you lose those trimmer combs, you may find it difficult to find spares, then you are left with the shaver only. Philips OneBlade has the option of dry and wet use, as most of the trimmers have the dry use option only. Philips OneBlade not only allows foam, shaving cream, and water apart from dry use, it has a protective element that protects the skin from getting cut.
The Regular Trimmer has a trimming blade on one side, but the OneBlade has a razor on both sides. The revolutionary Blade Guard has a dual protection system glide coating that protects your skin. The dual, One Blade razor lets to shave up and down, towards and against the grain, and shave off any length of hair. While this is great, you can use only one side when a trimming comb is attached. Another problem is, you cannot interchange or reverse the blade if one side is blunt. It is not a problem if you use it for shaving only and do not use the stubble combs.
Philips One Blade – Performance
The Philips OneBlade is a revolutionary electric grooming technology shaver, not a foil shaver, that offers the best shaving performance, It is designed to give you the best of both worlds: a close and comfortable shave while also being gentle on your skin. It features a lightweight and ergonomic design that provides the most efficient comfortable shave, minimizing skin irritation and redness.
The Philips OneBlade offers the ultimate shaving performance for both dry and wet shaving. It features an ergonomic design with a pivoting head that rotates for an entirely comfortable shave, so you can spend less time worrying about them and more time enjoying a close and smooth shave.
This all-in-one device was rated 4.5 out of 5 by customers on Amazon with over 1000 reviews. The OneBlade can be used when dry or with shaving cream, which is always a plus when it comes to convenience.
Its ergonomic design is also a big perk that customers love because it makes the device easy to use and less likely to cause skin irritation, ingrown hairs, or razor bumps due to incorrect use. The Philips OneBlade makes grooming the facial styles of your hair quick, easy, and painless.
It features a precision trimmer that allows you to choose exactly how long or short your beard should be, what type of mustache style you want, and whether you want to completely shave off your beard or just trim it up. The blades of this electric razor are sharp and finely designed. It has a unique technology that is able to catch and cut even the shortest hair.
It has an ergonomic design that prevents hand fatigue while shaving your beard or mustache. The blades are designed to shave very close to the skin, so it doesn’t irritate the skin or cause redness or razor burn. It has a hair trimmer and beard comb attachment for grooming and styling of facial hair like sideburns, mustaches, and beards, making it an all-in-one shaver.
The grip is one of the main features of Philips OneBlade Facial Groomer for the Modern Man. Even when using Foam, Shaving Cream, Gel, or Water, you get a firm grip on the handle because of its rubber and texture. As a safety feature, the OneBlade is not operatable while charging.
Philips QP2525/10 Oneblade Hybrid Trimmer
- Trimmer and shaver in a single package.
- There are two modes: dry and wet.
- A rechargeable battery with a 45-minute charge time.
- Skin Protection Technology.
- 200x per seconds fast moving cutter.
- battery life of 45 minutes of use on an 8-hour full charge.
- Double-sided blade for added comfort and control.
- The blade is easily washable with water.
- Resistant to water. ( water resistant Not waterproof )
- Each blade has a four-month lifespan ( based on a few criteria ).
- For optimal performance replace the blade every three to four months.
- Wet and Dry shave, wet shave can be used with shaving cream or foam.
- The Philips One blade accessories include three trimming combs ( 1mm, 3mm & 5mm ).
- Weighs approximately 100 gms.
- 1 power charger.
How to Use the Philips Oneblade
- Begin with the 5 mm comb to gain the best shaving experience with this tool.
- Position the comb on the blade with the teeth pointing upwards. Always trim in the direction of the comb’s teeth. This will produce the best results.
- Turn on the appliance.
- Place the comb against the skin and move the appliance in the direction of the comb’s teeth. Move it against the grain for the best results.
- After each use, turn the appliance off and clean it.
- Hold the comb on both sides and pull it away from the blade.
- Turn on the appliance.
- Place the blade on the skin and move it up or against the grain in long strokes while lightly pressing it. Make sure the blade’s surface is flat against your skin.
- After each use, turn the appliance off and clean it.
- You can use either edge of the blade to create sharp edges and lines.
- Turn on the appliance.
- Place the blade’s edge perpendicular to the skin. Apply gentle pressure with straight strokes.
- After each use, turn the appliance off and clean it.
Video on Philips OneBlade – How to use it?
A comprehensive video that has a detailed explanation of Philips OneBlade – How to use it? is included below.
PROs & CONs
- Trimmer plus shaver at an affordable price
- It comes with a 3 Years Warranty. ( full 2-year warranty + 1 on Registration )
- Wet and Dry Use
- It is easy to carry, store, and travel
- The product is Versatile and Well Designed
- Power adaptor included for charging
- Have to buy replacement blades every few months
- Shaving will not be as clean as a dedicated Shaver, but quite close
- The new Blades price might change
- Charging Time is high ( 8 hours ) for 45 mins
- The trimming Option has only three sizes
- Does not have a battery usage indicator
- Cleaning of Razor & Comb every few seconds while trimming long hair
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
1. How long do OneBlade blades last?
2. When should I replace the blades of my Philips OneBlade?
The Philips OneBlade blade lasts for about four months, but that wholly depends on your hair type and usage. If you are a frequent user or your hair is thick, then you may have to replace the blades have to be changed sooner. The blades can last longer if you use them less frequently.
3. Does the Philips OneBlade give a close shave?
OneBlade does not give a close shave. If you require a clean and close shave, go for a dedicated Philips Shavers, as the OneBlade, is made to make you look clean by trimming your facial hair.
4. How many shaves do you get from one blade?
Per OneBlade may last up to four months if used for two full shaves per week. Actual Results may change according to usage.
5. How long does Philips one blade take to charge?
The OneBlade takes 8 hours to get fully charged, but you can use it for 45 minutes only. So, it is better to charge it overnight for use in the morning. It does not damage its machinery or battery on overcharging.
6. Can I use Philips trimmer while charging?
The Philips OneBlade will not work while charging. The mechanism is such that, when powered on for charging, the trimmer will switch off.
7. Is Philips OneBlade good for sensitive skin?
Philips OneBlade is good for sensitive skin, as it has a skin guard, due to which it shaves a little bit away from the skin. The electric shavers are close to the skin, which irritates due to the friction while shaving.
8. How do I know when my Philips blade needs replacing?
As you use the Philips OneBlade, a green patch with arrows on the side appears on the blade, which is the blade wear indicator, as this patch turns green, you have to replace the blades.
9. Does OneBlade clean shave?
10. Is Philips one blade good for clean shave?
Your long facial hair gets trimmed to have a clean look by the Philips OneBlade. If you shave every day and want a close and clean shave, then go for a dedicated Face Shaver.
11. Does OneBlade give a close shave?
12. How close of a shave is Philips OneBlade?
The Philips OneBlade has a skin guard, due to which it does not shave too close.
13. Is the OneBlade worth it?
The OneBlade is a good option for people who want to shave with an electric razor but are looking for something more traditional. It can also be used as a backup blade, and it has two cleaning cycles that should last up to one month. However, this is not the best electric razor out there because it only features a single blade which doesn’t make it very efficient at shaving.
14. Is Philips one blade good for stubble?
The OneBlade is great and affordable if you wear long stubble or can use it to trim your goatee.
15. Can Philips one blade cut hair?
16. Can you use Philips beard trimmer to cut hair?
The Philips OneBlade is a Facial Groomer, but the beard trimmer can cut your hair, but it has small blades which makes it difficult to cut hair the blades would wear out faster.
17. What is the Philips oneblade alternative?
The Philips OneBlade and the Remington Durablade are identical in design. It resembles a typical manual razer in appearance and usage, but the fixed blade provides a safer cutting experience. The Durablade, on the other hand, does not require a new blade like the OneBlade.
18. Is there a special way to clean my Philips Oneblade?
Cleaning the Philips OneBlade is easy and intuitive: Hold the trimmer under running water to fully clean, give a few drops of dishwashing liquid along with all-over blades running and it will remove any debris that might be stuck in between blades.
Dry off the blade first by flipping it open sharp side up and lifting the straight edge so it is free from solution. Now wipe dry with soft fabric.
19. How long do OneBlade blades last?
OneBlade blades last a maximum of 3 months, but they are made to last up to six months. If you shave every day, then OneBlade blades will last up to six months, while if you shave less than once a week, then OneBlade blades will last three months.
20. Can you use Philips one blade in the shower?
You can use the Philips one blade in the shower, but it is not necessary. These waterproof groomers can only be used wirelessly for safety reasons, and they will not switch on if they are attached to a power source.
Read Also: Best Raincoats to Buy in India
OneBlade is Good, but it is not cheap. If you are looking for a cheap trimmer & shaver, this is not the one for you. You can better buy a grooming kit instead. If you like a good electric trimmer and can afford to spend a little money, the Philips OneBlade Trimmer is good, and you should buy it.
What are your thoughts about the Philips OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer and Shaver? Let us know in the comments. If you feel we should add something, or you want to tell something or ask anything. Feel free to write in the comments section below.
Philips One Blade Replacement Blade India
Do you require replacement blades Cartridges for your OneBlade, you have an option to buy a single razor blade Cartridge or double razor blades Cartridges.