Do you love reading books, but have less time for reading books? Now it is possible to listen to your books instead of reading them. Amazon, the largest seller of physical books has come out with audiobooks with Audible, which has thousands of audiobooks. We will go through the Audible India Plans, here we are going to review Amazon Audible India only.
Amazon Audible India is a subsidiary of Amazon.com, which sells digital audiobooks, radio programs, and other spoken-word content as downloadable audio files. Apart from the US where it’s been present for a while now, it’s also available in India thru Amazon India.
The company was founded by Jeff Bezos who is the founder and CEO of Amazon.com. The company has a lot of experience in providing services to customers and has helped them find what they are looking for on the web quickly and easily through its website.
Amazon Audible India was launched in November 2018 with around 2000 titles of audiobooks available at the time of launch which is expected to be increased. It offers audiobooks across different genres.
Amazon is working with Indian publishers to make more and more books available in India. The company has also joined hands with leading authors and influencers across genres and languages to develop their content for India.
The company has tie-ups with Zee TV, Balaji Motion Pictures, and Saregama’s music labels for exclusive releases of audiobooks. This will not only benefit people who want to buy audiobooks but also those who don’t have time to read everything they want to read.
Read Also: Fire Boltt Ring Smartwatch Review
Table of Contents
- 1 How does Audible work?
- 2 What is it for a Member of Audible India Plans?
- 3 What is Audible Suno?
- 4 What is Audible Plus?
- 5 How do I listen?
- 6 How is Audible Suno different from an Audible membership?
- 7 What are the benefits of Audible India Plans?
- 8 Audible vs Storytel
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
- 9.1 1. Is audible available in India?
- 9.2 2. How much does an audiobook cost on audible?
- 9.3 3. Is audible free with Amazon Prime India?
- 9.4 4. Do you own audiobooks from Audible?
- 9.5 5. Why is audible so expensive?
- 9.6 6. Is audible worth it India?
- 9.7 7. Can I still listen to my audiobooks If I cancel audible?
- 9.8 8. Can I listen to audible without a subscription?
- 9.9 9. Can you only listen to one book a month on audible?
- 9.10 10. How many books can I listen to a month on audible?
- 9.11 11. How much does audible cost in India?
- 9.12 12. Is Storytel better than audible?
- 9.13 13. Can I listen to a book more than once?
- 9.14 14. Where are my audiobooks stored?
- 9.15 15. Do Audible credits accumulate?
- 9.16 16. Is Audible cheaper in India?
- 10 Conclusion
How does Audible work?
Audible is an Amazon Company. Audible India is a paid subscription service that offers unlimited access to audiobooks and original audio podcast content in 18 local languages.
Joining the company’s global membership program, Amazon Audible is available at Rs 199 per month for listeners in India. The service currently offers Indian-specific features such as ‘tantra language’ and other regional content.
The best part is, in the first 30 days you get an Audible free trial with a free audible book. You can cancel anytime in the trial period of 30 days. There are over 200,000 Hindi and English audiobooks.
With this announcement, Amazon joins other streaming services such as Apple Music and Gaana in offering a comprehensive library of Indian music and audiobooks to listeners in India.
What is it for a Member of Audible India Plans?
- You get one credit every month from which you can select your choice of an audiobook every month even if it is lengthy or costly.
- You can exchange your audiobook if you do not like it.
- The audiobooks you get every month are yours forever to keep, even if you cancel the amazon audiobook membership of the amazon audible app.
- You get FREE Unlimited listening to exclusive Audible Original shows.
- You can listen to the audiobook on different devices, including Amazon Kindle, Alexa enabled, and Echo Devices. Even when you switch between devices, you will not lose the place. It has the best app to listen to books.
- With Audiobooks, you can do multitask, like listening while jogging, commuting, gardening, cooking, doing any chores, or listening anywhere you want. Now you can’t complain that there was no time to read books.
- Experience Audible with FREE Audible Suno shows. No payment, no membership plan is required for audible users.
What is Audible Suno?
The service is free. You do not have to pay for it, there are no ads and there is no sign-up. You get unlimited access to Audible exclusive audio entertainment.
What is Audible Plus?
Audible Plus is a monthly subscription service that provides unrestricted streaming and listening from the Audible Plus Catalog. Look for the “included” tag and click “play now” to start streaming from the app right away. You can also store these items in your Library or download them to listen to them offline.
The Audible Plus library reflects the preferences audible is focused heavily on original material and exclusive podcasts, including new episodes starring celebrities such as Sanya Malhotra, Varun Sharma, Kubbra Sait, Shabir Ahluwalia, Sayani Gupta, Nakuul Mehta, and Sriti Jha. Shailesh Sawlani stated that Durjoy Datta’s the last girl to fall in love is one of the Indian audiobooks that have been added to the plus catalog.
Season 2 of tvf’s permanent roommates, the Karadi stories, the Panchatantra, the autobiography of a yogi (the Hindi version) by Paramahansa Yogananda, Anna Karenina by: Leo Tolstoy, Atomic Habits by James Clear, Bill Bryson’s A Short History of Nearly Everything with Stephen Fry’s reading of Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes: The Definitive Collection.
How do I listen?
There is no app for iOS users, but iOS users can listen with the Audible premium app. Andriod users can download the Audible Suno app from Playstore and listen anytime, anywhere, on the device or use Headphones, best wireless earphones, amazon echo, speakers, etc.,
How is Audible Suno different from an Audible membership?
Audible members get to select over 200,00 Hindi and International titles with a monthly credit of one credit and exclusive members-only for global shows.
What are the benefits of Audible India Plans?
Audible India Plans offer several benefits to users, including:
- A monthly subscription that allows you to listen to audiobooks at any time.
- The ability to download audiobooks and listen to them when not connected to the internet.
- To learn more about Audible India Plans, or to sign up for a subscription, visit the website.
- The option to join a community of listeners and discuss books with others.
- The ability to cancel your subscription at any time without penalty.
- A very affordable price, so you won’t feel the pinch.
- Whenever you want to give the gift of knowledge, this is a perfect choice.
- A gift that promises the listener a range of great trips and journeys.
- It aids in the improvement of one’s concentration abilities, therefore revitalizing you.
- It strengthens one’s subconscious mind.
- Provides you with a large source of information.
- Most importantly, it makes our society better and more informed.
- Get Audible Originals to read anytime
- You get one credit a month to buy audiobooks
- You get discounts on audiobooks
- Swap audiobooks an unlimited number of times for free
- Good selection of audiobooks
- Nice Refund Policy
- It is Affordable if credits are used
- Normal books are priced less than Audible Audiobooks
Audible vs Storytel
Audible and Storytel are two of the most popular audiobook apps. They both provide a diverse catalog of books and other forms of entertainment. But it’s important to know what sets them apart before choosing which one you’ll use for your next audiobook.
- Audible has a wider selection as they offer Audible books from over 50,000 publishers as well as magazines, newspapers, and podcasts. Storytel, on the other hand, only offers 4,000 audiobooks from partners around the world.
- Storytel charges per download with no credits, while Audible offers an option for monthly or annual billing that includes discounts on new releases and exclusive content.
- The audible subscription plan in India has a monthly plan of ₹199/month which includes one book/month plus 1 credit.
- Even if you cancel your subscription, you can still listen to the free audiobooks you receive each month
- Any audiobook that you don’t like can be exchanged for free
- Only one audiobook is given for free each month; if you want to listen to more than one audiobook in a month, you must purchase additional copies (at a 30% discount)
Storytel costs ₹299 per month, but you can listen to an unlimited number of audiobooks.
- In a month, you can listen to an unlimited number of audiobooks
- Audible is effectively less expensive (if you listen to more than 1 audiobook in a month)
- In comparison to Audible, Storytel has a smaller selection of audiobooks
- To continue listening to any of the audiobooks, you must have an active subscription
Audible India is a subsidiary of Amazon, which has its headquarters in the US. Audible offers audio books for purchase or rental. The company also sells digital audiobooks, radio programs, and audio versions of magazines, newspapers, and bestselling books.
Storytel is an Indian-based company that was founded in 2014. They are the world’s first audio story company to offer personalized listening experiences for all ages across all languages. They offer a subscription-based streaming service that includes audiobooks, stories about history and mythology, as well as children’s books narrated by local actors
Audible India has over 500,000 subscribers in India, with 90% of its content coming in English. Audible is owned by Amazon and is the world’s largest provider of audio books. On the other hand, Storytel has approximately 500,000 subscribers in India. Storytel offers Indian language books and English audiobooks with a monthly subscription.
Based on these statistics it can be said that Audible is more popular than Storytel. This is because Audible has more subscribers than Storytel and also most of the content provided by Audible is in English which most people prefer.
Read Also: Best Bike Cover Brand In India
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs )
1. Is audible available in India?
Amazon Audible subscription services are available in India. Audible services are available on Android and IOS devices to users by downloading the Amazon Audible app.
2. How much does an audiobook cost on audible?
The benefits You get a credit every month if you have subscribed to Audible Service, with which you can buy an audiobook, small or big. If you want an extra book, then you have to buy it.
3. Is audible free with Amazon Prime India?
You get an Audible free trial with a free audible book for 30-day, but if you are an Amazon Prime member, you get a 90-day free trial along with Prime video, free deliveries, music, etc at no extra cost.
4. Do you own audiobooks from Audible?
Yes, you own all the audiobooks even if you cancel your subscription.
5. Why is audible so expensive?
Audible has a large collection and selection due to which it may sound expensive.
6. Is audible worth it India?
The subscription price of ₹199 a month with one credit every month, is the lowest compared to any other country. So it is worth it to subscribe to it in India.
7. Can I still listen to my audiobooks If I cancel audible?
Yes, you can still listen to your audiobooks after the cancellation of the subscription, but the credits are lost, and you can still use them to listen to the earlier audiobooks you purchased at your Audible library.
8. Can I listen to audible without a subscription?
The answer to this question is similar to the above one, by canceling you will not be eligible for credits, exchanges, and more.
Read Also: Kids Smart Watch
9. Can you only listen to one book a month on audible?
Each month after the subscription you get one credit, which you can use to purchase any audiobook, regardless of the price of the audible subscription. But if you want to listen to more than just one book a month, then you will have to buy the audiobook.
10. How many books can I listen to a month on audible?
You can read many books as you want, but get one credit per month if you are a member. For additional audiobooks, you get a 30% discount ( at the time of writing ) for buying without credits.
11. How much does audible cost in India?
You get Audiobooks for every type of person, it can be for inspiration, education, or entertainment, and the cost of an audible subscription service is ₹199.00 per month ( at the time of writing ) after the free trial.
12. Is Storytel better than audible?
With Storytel, you can listen to unlimited audiobooks in a month but will cost you ₹299 per month. Storytel is effectively cheaper than Audible but only if you are going to listen to more than 1 audiobook in a month.
13. Can I listen to a book more than once?
Once you purchase the book, it is yours and you can listen to it as many times you want and at any time.
14. Where are my audiobooks stored?
Audiobooks from Audible are stored in the cloud. You can listen to them offline after downloading them on a computer, mobile, desktop, or tablet.
15. Do Audible credits accumulate?
Yes, unused Audible credits get accumulated, but six unused credits are the max you can have.
16. Is Audible cheaper in India?
Audible is a global audiobook company that offers a variety of audiobooks and podcasts for download or streaming. Audible is available in many countries, but it can be more expensive in some countries than in others. To find out about the Audible India Plans, you can visit their website. You can also use this website to compare prices between different countries.
I hope this Audible Audiobook India review was helpful to you. Audible is one of the most trusted and reliable platforms for listening to audiobooks. If you are looking for a place to start your audiobook journey, this is the right platform for you. It has different categories of books that you can listen to like self-help, crime & mystery, romance, business, and more. My recommendation is to try Amazon Audible Audiobook because you get a free trial for 30 days and normal users and 90 days of free trial for Prime members. You can always cancel if you don’t like it within the trial period.
After the trial, if you are satisfied then there are many Audible India Plans that you can select. If you feel we should add something, or you want to tell something or ask anything. Feel free to write in the comments section below.