Table of Contents
- 1 Exercise Cycle
- 2 What is a Pulse Oximeter?
- 3 Types of Pulse Oximeter
- 4 Limitations of Pulse Oximeter
- 5 Brands and Reviews
- 6 Advantages of using a Pulse Oximeter
- 7 List of Best Pulse Oximeters for Home Use in India
- 7.1 1. Dr. Trust Professional Series Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
- 7.2 2. BPL Smart Oxy Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter
- 7.3 3. Beurer Pulse Oximeter PO-30
- 7.4 4. Hesley Pulse Oximeter Fingertip
- 7.5 5. Newnik Pulse Oximeter
- 8 Video on How to use The Best Pulse Oximeters
- 9 Buying Guide for Best Pulse Oximeters for Home use in India
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs ) on The Best Pulse Oximeters
- 10.1 1. Which finger is best for pulse oximeter reading?
- 10.2 2. What does PR mean on Pulse Oximeter?
- 10.3 3. Does it measure CO2 Retention in blood?
- 10.4 4. Are pulse oximeters accurate?
- 10.5 5.Does drinking water increase oxygen in the body?
- 10.6 6.What is best pulse rate in oximeter?
- 10.7 7. Why is my Oximeter not reading?
- 10.8 8. Are all pulse oximeters the same?
- 10.9 9. How do I choose a pulse oximeter?
- 10.10 10. How do I know if my pulse oximeter is working?
- 11 Conclusion on The Best Pulse Oximeters
What is a Pulse Oximeter?
Types of Pulse Oximeter
- A finger pulse oximeter is often used at home to measure a patient’s oxygen level. You simply attached the oximeter to the tip of the finger to get a readout of the oxygen level. The oximeter has a tiny computer and screen. These are the easiest machines to use however if the patient’s hand or finger is damaged or his blood flow is slow because of clots or another injury then you may not get an accurate reading and need to choose another method.
- A handheld pulse oximeter is used in most hospitals. It works similarly to the fingertip pulse oximeter and can be attached to the finger or the earlobe. It has a more versatile clip and attaches to a computer. This is often used in cases where the patient has little blood flow, as the earlobe is so close to the brain that it very seldom has restricted blood flow.
- A fetal pulse oximeter measures the oxygen level of a fetus. It is very important to know the oxygen level, especially during labor. It is extremely difficult to use a traditional method to do this before the baby is born so the fetal pulse oximeter was invented. The probe is inserted into the birth canal and attached to the baby’s scalp. One of the greatest benefits of the fetal oximeter is that it measures the baby’s heartbeat as well.
Limitations of Pulse Oximeter
Skin color is also a consideration when using a pulse oximeter. They tend not to pick up on darker-colored skin. You should always try to attach the oximeter to the earlobe or fingertip, which has a lighter skin tone.
Brands and Reviews
Advantages of using a Pulse Oximeter
List of Best Pulse Oximeters for Home Use in India
About this Item
Dr. Trust products promote good health and wellness through the use of cutting-edge technology, and doctors, healthcare professionals, and home users rely on them. Dr. Trust’s Series Finger TipPulse Oximeter is the first on the list. This newly upgraded
Dr. Trust finger pulse oximeter is a low-cost, accurate way to measure pulse rates and blood oxygen saturation levels. This is one of the best pulse oximeter for medical professionals available in the market.
This pulse oximeter from Dr. Trust accurately calculates your blood oxygen saturation level, perfusion index, respiratory rate, pulse rate, and pulse bar graph. Designed to withstand an accidental splash of water, among other things.
- A simple one-button allows for easy operation.
- Its small and portable size makes it simple to handle and carry.
- Accurate, fast, and reliable measurements of SPO2, Pulse Rate, Perfusion Index, Respiratory Rate will very useful if patients’ condition is very critical or to prevent Hypoxia which is common in Athletes, piolets, mountain climbers, and people who travel to high altitudes are all at risk.
- It Shows real-time reading in just 6 seconds.
- Comes with a highly advanced and large Multidirectioal OLED screen display enabling one to take measurements even in the darkroom.
- High-quality ABS material is used.
- The chamber’s hypoallergenic latex-free material makes it anti-allergic for people with sensitive skin.
- Fingertip is soft and easy to apply to various body parts and finger sizes.
- It is designed to withstand an accidental splash of water, making it water-resistant but it is not waterproof.
- The display, brightness, and other parameters can all be adjusted.
- The buzzing alarm is used to notify you. You can change the alarm settings whenever you want.
- It runs on 2AAA alkaline batteries and alerts you when the battery is low.
- The perfusion index is very low at 0.2 %.
- Screen rotation in four directions and anti-motion artifacts
- The product is covered by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
PROs & CONs
About this Item
The BPL Smart Oxy Finger Tip Pulse Oximeter is ranked second on our list. In the field of medical technology, BPL provides high-quality precision measuring instruments. This BPL pulse oximeter has six different display modes and four different direction displays. It monitors blood oxygen levels, pulse rate, and the perfusion index graph. The finger pulse oximeter has a technology to detect the changes in your blood oxygen level to check how well your heart is pumping O2 through your body.
- With the minimum deviation of +/-2%, it measures the O2 Concentration in blood, and with a minimum deviation of +/- 2 bpm, it measures the pulse rate.
- With smart oxy’s color OLED screen with 4 directional screen display, anyone can easily read the readings on it.
- Battery operated, 2 AAA batteries required.
- Has user-configured alarms that provide the user with visual clarity and convenience.
- When not in use, the device powers down automatically.
- From the date of purchase, the company provides a one-year warranty.
PROs & CONs
About this Item
This pulse oximeter PO-30 from the Beurer is a lightweight device that is used to monitor the oxygen saturation level, heart rate (pulse frequency) of the patient. This small and easy-to-carry device is perfect for heart patients, athletes, pilots, mountain climbers, and all the persons who go on high altitude. The use of oximeter is easy in our daily life due to their compact size.
- Can accurately determine the oxygen saturation level in the blood and the pulse rate.
- It is a non-invasive tool that painlessly attaches the fingertip for precise and accurate measurements.
- Equipped with an LED screen, which clearly shows the readings in vivid colors.
- Automatically shut down when not in use, saving battery.
- Operates entirely on digital technologies.
- The device is small and battery-powered, and it requires 2 AAA batteries.
- It’s made of quality materials and therefore it’s going to last for a long time.
- As the fingertip clip is flexible, it can accommodate any type of finger.
- It is easy to use and carry while traveling.
- A one-year warranty from the manufacturer shall apply to the product.
PROs & CONs
About this Item
The Hesley Finger Pulse Oximeter is ideal for measuring SpO2 and pulse rate immediately. Because of its lightweight and small size, the unit can easily be carried in your pocket. When a finger is removed from the pulse oximeter for more than 5 seconds, the device automatically turns off. Even in low-light conditions, the LED Display can be seen.
- Water Resistant | Uses Advanced Technology | Fingertip Type
- Audio with Visual Alarm | LED Display | Perfusion Index Indicator
- 12 Recorded Memory | Battery Level Indicator | Rotating Multi-Directional Display
- Determine your SpO2 and pulse rate in 5 seconds, and the readings are taken for 30 seconds. Both SpO2 and pulse rate errors are ±2% without exercise and ±3% after exercise.
- Bright OLED Multi Direction Display: The large, rotatable multidirectional display allows you to easily view your results in any direction, making it easier to test different fingers.
- The oximeter, which is powered by two AAA batteries, turns off automatically when not in use and has a battery life of up to 24 hours.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Sports and health enthusiasts, as well as anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate, such as mountain climbers, skiers, and bikers, will find this device useful.
- Warranty: The manufacturer provides a 6-month warranty.
PROs & CONs
About this Item
Newnik Pulse Oximeter PX701 is useful in taking readings of SpO2, pulse rate(PR) and pulse strength(PI), Plethysmogram. You only need a few seconds to check these levels at any time. This pulse oximeter is FDA and CE certified, making it reliable and accurate.
- Quick, accurate, and easy to use
- Provides immediate readings of oxygen saturation in the blood, heart rate, pulse strength, and plethysmogram.
- Has 4 directional dual-colored OLED screens which clearly show the data.
- Power is provided by two AAA batteries, and a low battery indicator is provided.
- The FDE and CE have tested and approved each device for use.
- Auto on and off feature.
- While taking readings, it provides stability against the motion.
- Can Read at an extremely low signal, and also when there is no pulse beat situation.
- It is water-resistant, so it will continue to function even if it is accidentally splashed with water. But it won’t work deep inside the water. Remember it is water-resistant not waterproof.
- Comes with a customizable buzzer and alarms.
- This product comes with a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.